Common Framework to Launch ADN Country Chapter: 10-Steps
To launch ADN Country Chapter the Regional Coordinator (RC) must form a consortium of at least two sectors. Please check the matrix of transdisciplinary actors/sectors for this. It is mandatory to include one policy maker, practitioner and a high-ranked university in order to launch ADN Country Chapter. The launching of the ADN Country Chapter should adhere to the 10-Step launching process.
- Organise a round table meeting with stakeholders (INGOs, academics, politicians, CSO leaders) to sensitise on ADN’s objectives and working areas (i.e. avoidable deaths)
- Develop a gender balanced advisory board to launch ADN Country Chapter (e.g. senior / renowned personalities, role models, retired bureaucrats, members from CSOs, INGOs, UN Agencies, Higher education institutions, politicians, media, CSO leaders).
- Select high ranking influential personalities (e.g. retired bureaucrats, senior politicians or senior academicians) to become honorary Chairman and Vice Chairman for ADN Country Chapter. This is an optional step.
- Select a team of researchers (from government research unit, think tanks, universities, individual researchers, professors etc.) who could be the resource for the knowledge network for ADN Country Chapter and partners for research collaboration with Leicester and Kansai Universities.
- Select a team of practitioners representing INGOs, UN agencies, CSR representatives, policy makers who could be the resource for knowledge network for ADN Country Chapter, and partners for research collaboration with Leicester and Kansai Universities.
- Create a Steering/ Management Committee comprising 3-4 members for day to day operation of the ADN Country Chapter. Regional Coordinators should lead the steering and management committee and share labour.
- Organise a pre-launching meeting for the launch of ADN Country Chapter where roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders, advisory board, honorary Chairman and Vice Chairman can be discussed and shared. Regional Coordinators to document the roles and responsibilities for the strategy document.
- Develop a two-page strategy document on the governance and objectives of the ADN Country Chapter in collaboration with ADN Presidents and Operation Manager.
- Launch ADN County Chapter, and strategy document in a public event. If the ADN Presidents are unable to join in person, one of the Presidents will deliver the keynote speech virtually. The strategy document will be uploaded on the ADN website.
- RCs to provide one-page annual report to ADN Presidents, which will be published via the Avoidable Deaths Newsletter and UNDRR Sendai Framework’s Voluntary Platform. Please use the template to complete the ADN’s Regional Coordinator’s Annual Report. To download the RC Annual Report Template, please click here.
The launch of the ADN Country Chapter could lead to the establishment of a Hub for Avoidable Deaths Network. However, this is not mandatory.
The launching of the Country Chapter marks the beginning of activities for ADN.
Checklist of Activities for ADN Country Chapter and ADN-Hub
The Steering/ Management Committee can collectively identify at least two activities from the list below to develop the Country Chapter. Celebrating the International Awareness Day for Avoidable Deaths on 12 March is a mandatory activity for all County Chapters.
- Research and development
- Celebrating the International Awareness Day for Avoidable Deaths on 12 March (mandatory)
- Promoting monthly accountable talks of avoidable deaths
- Promoting south-south and north-south collaboration to address ADN’s objectives
- Fund raising
- Platform to share knowledge and raise awareness on avoidable deaths
- Capacity building of responders
- Advocacy to integrate avoidable deaths in the heart of disaster and developmental activities
- Promoting future leaders for avoidable deaths by engaging with graduate and post-graduate students
- Promoting junior champions for avoidable deaths by engaging with primary and higher secondary schools
- Any other activities
To download A Common Framework to launch ADN Country Chapter, please click here.
To download the RC Annual Report Template, please click here.